Hi. My name is Mr. Malcolm and I teach social studies at Peekskill High School. I have been a teacher at Peekskill High School since 1997. I am also a graduate of Peekskill High School (Class of 1985).
Peekskill High School Overarching Goal:
To increase the overall Peekskill High School graduation rate to 87% and improve students’ performance on the New York State Regents Exams by 5%
Period 1: Economics
Period 4: Public Policy in Modern America (Honors Government)
Period 7: Economics
Mr. Malcolm's classes are now on Google Classroom.
Google Classroom link:
Google Classroom Code for Economics Period 1: 6yovn61
Google Classroom Code for Public Policy in Modern America: bzfh6tj
Google Classroom Code for Economics Period 7: 4ca73nt
Mr. Malcolm's email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Malcolm's Phone Number: 914-737-0201 (Extension 3737)
1. We will be prepared for class (bring daily: charger, computer, homework assignments).
2. We will be on time (be in your ‘seat’ and ready to work when the late bell rings).
3. We will participate in class on a daily basis and we will be respectful to our fellow students.
4. We will keep food out of the classroom and cell phones powered off and out of sight.
5. See your teacher if you need extra help or if you need to make up an assignment.
EXPECTATIONS DURING LIVESTREAMING LESSONS:
1. We will mute our microphone when we are not speaking.
2. We will minimize background noise.
3. Only the student should be viewed by the teacher.
4. We will participate in group discussion and in breakout rooms.
5. In order to be marked "present" for the period I will be in the online class for the entire period.
All grades are posted in Infinite Campus. It is recommended for you to have an Infinite Campus Parent Portal account, in order to monitor your son/daughter's progress.
Social Studies Department: Course Grading Practices:
COURSE ASSESSMENT CLASSWORK/COURSEWORK
(exams, quizzes, projects)
Economics 40% 60%
COURSE ASSESSMENT HWRK & CWRK RESEARCH PAPER/PARTICIPATION
Public Policy 50% 40% 10%
Social Studies Department Homework Policy Rationale:
Homework helps students by complementing and reinforcing classroom learning, fostering good lifelong learning and study habits, and providing an opportunity for students to be responsible for their own learning. Regular homework contributes to the development of sound study habits and self-responsibility in children. It is a valuable means of fostering understanding and it serves as a communication link between school and home that shows parents what children are learning.