Welcome parents and students. My name is Jason Torres and I am excited to have joined Peekskill Highschool this year. My background is in Behavior Science and I believe that every behavior has a function and I plan to use my knowledge to better reach our students and allow them to express themselves, let me know what is working and what does not seem to be working in the classroom. In order for our students to be successful, all parties that have a stake in our students education need to communicate and come up with a comprehensive plan to reach our students not only in Highschool but life outside of school as well. Our goal at peekskill is to reach a 87% gradution rate and I am certain that we will achieve this goal and surpass it in years to come. I look forward to working with you and your child throughout the year and overcome any obstacles and challenges that may arise. Please do not hesitate to email me at Jtorres@peekskillschools.org if you have any questions.
Period 2/3 - CC Algebra I ICT with Mrs. Lennane - Class Code - P7rsus
Period 4 - Skills 12 - bfmwvvw
Period 7/8 - Living environment ICT with Mr. Tamborski - pkjunf2
Home room -210Academic Expectations
- Complete all assignments and submit them in a timely manner.
- Check their google classroom calendar daily for all assignments.
- Check Student Portal frequently to stay up-to-date with their grades.
- Please make sure you are doing your own work. Cheating violates our code of conduct policy.
- If students are having difficulty with the work, they are encouraged to reach out to me via email, or after class to set up an appointment to get extra help.
Classroom / Behavior / Attendance Expectations
- Attend class each and every day where attendance will be taken. Students are expected to stay in the class for the entire period and engage in the lesson.
- Follow the code of conduct ( respect / cell phone usage)
- Follow up with the teacher when they have questions.
- Follow a structured schedule to make sure they are getting their work done.
- Respect the privacy of other participants. Do not take screenshots or pictures of your teacher or fellow students. Do not make any audio or video recordings. These behaviors violate our policies and could result in disciplinary action.
- Bring chromebooks and chargers daily as well as other materials.
- Wear appropriate school clothing when attending.
Infinite Campus (checking your student's grades):
On infinite campus you can look at your student's grades, attendance, and behavior.
" I used to think great teachers inspire you. Now I think I had it wrong. Good teachers inspire you; great teachers show you how to inspire yourself every day of your life. They dont show you thier magic. They show you how to make magic of your own." Alfred Doblin