Welcome to Mr. Potillo's Teacher PageParents/Guardians:Welcome Parents and Students. As an educator I have always felt that it takes a village to help mold and guide students to reach their full potential. It takes the student, parent, and teacher to each do their part to ensure that your child is successful. Our goal as a school is to raise our graduation rate to 87% as well as have students increasing their regent results by 5%. This goal will only be reached if we all do our part to make this happen. I look forward to working with you so that your child will have a positive learning experience this year. Please feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to request being added to Google classroom. This will allow you to see weekly assignments that are due or assignments that are missing. Extra help is always available daily either before (7:40-8:00 a.m.), after school (2:46-3:00) in room 210 or virtually by request.Do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail or by calling the school at 914-737-0201.Thank you.Mr. PotilloAcademic Expectations
- Complete all assignments and submit them in a timely manner.
- Check their google classroom calendar daily for all assignments.
- Check Student Portal frequently to stay up-to-date with their grades.
- Please make sure you are doing your own work. Cheating violates our code of conduct policy.
- If students are having difficulty with the work, they are encouraged to reach out to me via email, or after class to set up an appointment to get extra help.
Classroom / Behavior / Attendance Expectations
Classes:Period 3/4: Algebra 1 (Room 217)Period 7/8: Algebra 1 (Room 208) w/ Ms. PetersonPeriod 8/9: Algebra 1 (Room 208) w/ Ms. Peterson
- Attend class each and every day where attendance will be taken. Students are expected to stay in the class for the entire period and engage in the lesson.
- Follow the code of conduct ( respect / cell phone usage)
- Follow up with the teacher when they have questions.
- Follow a structured schedule to make sure they are getting their work done.
- Respect the privacy of other participants. Do not take screenshots or pictures of your teacher or fellow students. Do not make any audio or video recordings. These behaviors violate our policies and could result in disciplinary action.
- Bring chromebooks and chargers daily as well as other materials.
- Wear appropriate school clothing when attending.
Assessments (tests, quizzes, projects): 45%
Classwork (in class activities, participation, etc...) : 35%
Homework (weekly ALEKS , Deltamath, occasional sheet or activity): 20%
E-mail: email@example.comRoom #: Homeroom 210Please note that all class assignments, announcements and calendars are all regularly updated in Google Classroom.Google Glassroom class codes for students:
- Algebra 1 Per. 3/4: fgtoawh
- Algebra 1 Per. 7/8 ntuf7ny
- Algebra 1 Per. 8/9: oqqaocv
Infinite Campus (checking your student's grades):
Log onto https://www.infinitecampus.com/
On infinite campus you can look at your student's grades, attendance, and behavior.