Welcome to Mr.Bucci's
Technology Class Page 2019-2020
Teacher:Mr. Bucci Email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Description: Technology 6,7,8 are courses encompassing a variety of high-end computer technologies including graphic design (Paint.Net), video editing/production (Movie Maker / EzVid) 3D Graphic Design (Sweet Home 3D) and web design (using a variety of tools). Also performed in this course wil be several STEM (Science, Technology, Engineerining & Math) units. The course is designed to introduce a variety of tools and techniques which students can use to enter or prepare for a career, or to introduce them to a field study they can pursue in college or trade school.
PROJECTS IN TECHNOLOGY
During the course of the school year, we will be exploring a variety of technologies and programs. I try to select software that is the “industry standard” or uses the same types of tools and/or techniques. I also attempt to target different areas of interest (Office applications, graphics, 3D, video editing, etc…) We will also be performing several STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) units.
Some of the concepts we will be covering this year include:
· Computer Hardware and Maintenance
· Internet Search Strategies
· Email using Google Mail (Gmail)
· VEX Robotics
· Using Google Docs
· Pivot Animator
· LEGO Minstorms NXT
· Paint.Net for editing/retouching photos
· Paint.net for production pieces (i.e. magazine covers, movie posters, etc.)
· 3D Home Design using Sweet Home 3D
· Video Editing using Windows Movie Maker
· Bride Design using West Point Bridge Builder
We will also be performing several STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) units.
· Structures - Marble Maze
· Balsa Bride/Tower Design
· Magnetic Levitation· Flight – Water Rockets
Projects - 60 %
Classroom Participation / Guidelines - 20 %
Quizzes / Tests - 20 %