The Committee on Special Education (CSE)
The Committee on Special Education (CPSE)provides services for students in grades Kindergarten through age twenty-one.
Special Education Manual
The CPSE provides services for students ages 3-5.
Steps for Committee on Pre-K Special Education (CPSE) evaluations/services:
1. Must register child with our school district at Uriah Hill - if the child is receiving Early Intervention (EI) Services, please bring all documentation to registrar.
2. Fill-out the CPSE form. Packets are available at the registrar and the district office.
Click here for the CPSE form. (For the Spanish Version of the CPSE form, click here.)
3. Once both forms are received by the registrar’s office , the CPSE office will review the documents and send the child for evaluations if necessary. (some EI students do not need new evaluations if they were done within the past year)
4. Evaluations can take up to six weeks. Once they are completed by the agency, the CPSE office will mail a meeting invitation notice to the parent.
5. All CPSE meetings are held at the Administration office. Please call in advance if the meeting date needs to be changed or cancelled.
6. If the child is found eligible for services or a program, the CPSE will make a recommendation at the meeting for the type of services and/or program needed. The CPSE office will then send out packets and/or information to locate available services or program for the child. All services and programs are provided through Westchester County (not school district staff).
7. Once a program is located a TAF bus form must be filled as soon as possible in order to begin transportation to and from the program (only for children under 5 years old that attend a program - not daycare). Click here for the TAF bus form.
8. If you request a transportation change a new form must be completed and submitted to CPSE office. Changes can take up to 72 hours after forms are submitted to Westchester County.