Peekskill City School District Athletic PhilosophyAs a public school in New York State, a member of the N.Y.S.P.H.S.A.A. Section One, we are governed by the rules and regulations set forth by the State, Section, League, as well as the Peekskill City School District Policies. The Peekskill City School District recognizes that athletics are an excellent learning experience, an extracurricular program of the educational institution. It is understood that the athletically active student is usually successful in all areas of school. Therefore, we stress participation in sports for as many students as the program can handle.Interscholastic athletics are a privileged activity involving a great amount of time and effort. It is important for all those involved to remember that they as team members represent the Peekskill City School District and the communities it serves. Therefore, all athletes are to demonstrate good citizenship, and the finest display of sportspersonship at all times throughout the school and the community.The motivation necessary to develop teamwork, leadership qualities, and special skills, in the pursuit of excellence, is most often exemplified by striving for victory. Ultimately however, winning is secondary. The qualities and experiences gained in these sports are the true measure of excellence in our athletic program.____________________________________________________ANNOUNCMENTS*ALL SPRING SPORTS CLEARANCES WILL BE DONE ONLINE USING FAMILY ID. MORE INFORMATION TO FOLLOW
Follow us on Twitter @peekskillsports
- SPRING SPORTS FAMILY ID REGISTRATION NIGHTS- DATES, LOCATION TBD
- Spring Sport Physical Dates:
High School- February 15th starting at 11:30am and March 1st starting at 8:30am
Middle School- March 15th –starting at 9:00am
- All JV and Varsity Spring sports begin on March 5th.
- All Spring modified sports for 7th and 8th graders begins on March 19th.
- Sports clearance forms must be completed no later than March 2nd for HS sports and March 16th for all modified sports. Sports clearances must be completed every season. IE. if you played a Fall sport, you must complete another clearance for the winter season.
- If you are in need of a physical the district physician will be at the HS. DATE TBD.
- Mandatory Spring Parent/Gaurdian Coaches meeting will be on March 14th at 6:30pm.
- The listing of sport offerings can be found on the athletic page of the district website on the left side of the page.
- Winter Varsity Sports Awards night will be held March 7th at 6:30pm in PHS Cafeteria
- If you have any questions please feel free to contact the athletic office.