In June of 2016 the Peekskill City School District made a proactive move to test all corridor fountains and food prep sinks for lead, before the NYS mandate was made by Governor Cuomo. These earlier tests were based on EPA standards and consultant guidance. All failures at that time were addressed and remediated immediately. Since then, new legislation was put in place for all schools to test additional areas, which included testing of all outlets, potable or non-potable within a school building. The following documents in this online toolkit highlight details regarding the results of our latest testing as well as interventions and levels of remediation.
Superintendent's LetterWater Sampling Results by School
- Water Sampling Results: High School
- Water Sampling Results: Middle School
- Water Sampling Results: Hillcrest
- Water Sampling Results: Oakside
- Water Sampling Results: Woodside
- Water Sampling Results: Uriah Hill