Peekskill City School District
Proposed Belief and Core Value Statements
...is to educate and empower all students to strive for excellence as life-long learners who embrace diversity and are contributing members of a global society.
WE BELIEVE THAT:
- all people can learn, contribute and have value
- embracing and understanding cultural diversity is imperative to strengthening and enriching a school community
- when a school community provides a respectful, safe, supportive, resource-rich environment, people thrive and meet their goals
- a school district excels when strong partnerships exist among families, schools and community
- educating the whole child will develop life-long learners who are compassionate, confident, critical thinkers
- a school district is responsible for aligning and carrying out the conditions for learning, leadership and commitment
The above was submitted by the Core Planning Team with 100% consensus as per the protocol.
Core Planning Team Members:
Mary K. Foster