MBK Meeting Times: 1st & 3rd Sundays of the Month from 4-6PM. (See MBK calendar for workshop titles)
Participants will define who they are, regardless of society’s definition. They will reflect on their innate strengths. To do this, they will explore a variety of coming of age questions (Who am I? What’s my purpose? How can I become an agent of change? What’s stopping me?) and deeply resolve these issues through engagement in Social Action and Mentorship. This will be done through Workshops, Guest Speakers and Trips.
- Re-crafting Cultural and Ethic stories using the Arts.
- Engage in workshops & exposure to guest mentors and leaders.
- Exploring Hip Hop & Rap Culture and expressing themselves and their stories through Spoken Word, Creative Writing, Music, Film Making & photography and more.
- Take Field trips to organizations in NYC to learn about different professions and possibilities to think about for their future.
- We will fine-tune the program based on the interest of the participants.
- Build self-awareness. Exploring personal and society’s narrative.
- Examine coping skills, current attitude and growth mindset.
- Learn conflict resolution skills and ways to cope with stressors.
- Increase openness, explore valuable human qualities that are innate and lead to success.
- Build self confidence and learn communication skills
- Explore values, virtues and qualities that make us be our best selves.
- Living intentionally, self expression and community engagement.
- Learning new skills and ways to express oneself creatively, and with integrity.