Welcome To Speech and Language with Ms. Bivians
I am 1 of the speech therapist at Hillcrest Elementary.
Speech and language consist of 5 main areas.
1. Morphology - How words are put together, word endings and prefixes.
2. Syntax - Rules used to put sentences together in order for the sentence to make sense.
3. Phonology - The rules and patterns that we use to put sounds together.
4. Semantics - Using and understanding of language which is word meaning and word relations.
5. Pragmatics - Is the use of language for social exchange.
If a student has difficulty in 1 or more areas of language, the student will demonstrate difficuly communicating with teachers, peers and family members and also with their written language. I believe that as a speech therapist, it is my job for my students to achieve academic excellence as well as having confidence in themselves, both orally and academically. If you or your child needs to reach me, you can reach me at email@example.com.