Peekskill School District:
Our mission is to educate and empower all students to strive for excellence as life-long learners who embrace diversity and are contributing members of a global society.
Peekskill High School:
Overarching goal for the 2019-20 school year - To increase the overall graduation rate and improve student's performance on the New York State Regents Exam by 5%.
The mission of the Performing Arts Department is to provide a personalized learning environment to foster meaningful cultural experiences in the performance, understanding, and appreciation of the discipline and art of music.
- Affirm integrity as represented by and in the performance of music, as an example of the highest in human aspiration and artistic truth.
- Develop an analytical, creative, and intuitive understanding of music as a universal, pan-cultural language.
- Develop an understanding within students of the value and inspiration that music provides in supporting cultural and societal unity, and enhance the ability of students to develop critical cognitive skills.
- Afford students opportunities for cultural and aesthetic experiences through active participation in music which will enhance their understanding and appreciation of the arts.
- Enhance cultural and aesthetic experiences for the School, Community, and the Region through the development of excellence in the field of music teaching,