Music Department: Course Grading Practices
Shared Practices: All Grade Levels
- Assessments include Assessments, projects, exams, and quizzes (non-performance).
- Dictation: A student’s knowledge to recall musical notes and melodies from memory.
- Solfege: A student’s ability to sing notes on pitch with correct rhythm.
- Ensemble performances are assessed according to the student’s ability to perform their score or part.
- At least 10 classwork and participation grades per quarter.
- Students in performance classes are assessed regularly throughout each quarter on their sight-reading and sight singing abilities.
(includes Advanced Drama)
Assessments/Projects and Quizzes
Critique of Knowledge
Music In Our Lives